DETECTS MACHINE IRREGULARITIES
DTect-IT is a Windows application that communicates with custom Caron Engineering USB sensors to effectively monitor any area of concern on your CNC machine tool or fixture. This versatile monitoring system is a cost-effective solution for monitoring the health of your CNC machine. Using custom sensors for Vibration, Strain, and Analog (which allows connecting any sensor with a 0-10 VDC signal), the user can establish a baseline of characteristics to determine when irregularities are present. The application can run standalone, but also easily integrates with the CNC control.
The multiple monitoring mode options allow the user to analyze their CNC machine on multiple levels. Monitoring modes include: Limit Analysis, Spindle Bearing Analysis, Fault Detection, and Sensor Data Collection Analysis. A single sensor can be set up to run multiple analyses.
- Uses Caron Engineering USB sensors as input, including Vibration, Strain, and Analog (which enables monitoring anything with a 0 – 10 VDC signal, such as power, pressure, coolant flow, etc).
- Enable the built-in audio sensor to detect and monitor machine noise
- Limits available for Lower (blue), Warning (yellow), and Upper (red), with adjustable sensitivity
- Limits can be latched to ensure alarms are not missed
- Easily detects excessive bar feeder vibration (i.e. bent bar)
- Runs on any Windows PC with an available USB Port
- User can select any connected sensors to be monitored and graphed
- Runs standalone or easily integrates with the CNC control
- Graphing and monitoring can be initialized from the user interface or the CNC control
- Vibration sensor also detects temperature which can be monitored using set limits
DTect-IT measures spindle vibration to monitor bearing health for analysis. The vibration signal analyzes both the (1) acceleration signature which tells the health of the bearings, and (2) velocity signature which detects misalignment, imbalance and looseness. DTect-IT will display both the acceleration and velocity results within 5 seconds to let you know if attention is needed. Reports are automatically generated and saved for future analysis.
DTect-IT recognizes when set upper and lower limits are exceeded, identifying an excessive condition (i.e. machine impact, over-heating, extreme vibration). DTect-IT then indicates and time stamps the machine faults and records data on either side of the fault for analysis. The user can enable upper and lower limit latching to ensure alarms are not missed. There is an optional security setting to require password on alarm reset or settings adjustment.
DTect-IT also displays the peak value between starting and stopping.
DATA COLLECTION ANALYSIS
- Collects raw data from any sensor and stores the data to a CSV or SQLite file for analysis
- Set the number of data points per second to be collected