Automated Tool Wear Compensation Software
Error-Free Tool Offset Control
AutoComp is a Windows based software application that eliminates human error by processing measurement data from almost any electronic gauging device. AutoComp reads the part measurement file and automatically calculates and updates tool offsets in the CNC control. No manual data entry needed!
How Does It Work?
- During setup, the user creates an AutoComp routine consisting of the essential part dimensions and inputs the parameters (tolerances and compensation limits) for each dimension
- AutoComp reads the measurement file and checks each measurement against the feature limits to calculate the correct amount to offset each tool
- AutoComp sends this information to the CNC control automatically, with no operator intervention required
Use almost any electronic gauging device to provide dimensional measurements and AutoComp will calculate the necessary tooling adjustments.
- Digital Tooling
- Laser Micrometers
- Vision Systems
- Wireless Gauging Device
- Gauge Fixtures with LVDTs
- The PartView feature displays dimensional data superimposed on a picture of your part
- JPG images can be labeled with each area of the part being measured for deviation
- Operators can more easily identify which area of the part will be compensated
Features and Benefits
- Eliminates manual data entry errors
- Interfaces directly with the CNC control
- Compiles and reports historical tool wear measurement
- Maintains acceptable tolerances of machined parts
- Notifies the operator when a tool change is needed
- Essential for closed loop and lean manufacturing
- MTConnect Compliant
All Caron Engineering products include the MTConnect protocol communications which allows us to provide meaningful data to any supervisory software, for real-time data sharing.