AUTOMATIC TOOL WEAR COMPENSATION SOFTWARE
AutoComp software now makes automatic tool offsetting and error-free tooling control a reality. AutoComp is a Windows based software application that processes data from almost any electronic gauging device and updates the tool offsets automatically in the CNC control.
During setup, the user creates an AutoComp routine consisting of the essential part dimensions and inputs the parameters (tolerances and compensation limits) for each dimension. AutoComp reads the measurement file and checks each measurement against the feature limits to calculate the correct amount to offset each tool. AutoComp sends this information to the CNC control automatically, with no operator intervention required.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Processes gauge data and updates the tool offsets automatically
- Eliminates operator data entry errors
- Improves part quality and reduces scrap
- Tracks tool wear and notifies machine operators when a tool change is needed
- Statistically controls your tool offsets to maintain acceptable tolerances of your machined parts
- Compiles and reports historical tool-wear measurements
- Accepts part measurements from most electronic gauging equipment including CMMs, digital tooling, gauge fixtures with LVDTs, laser micrometers, vision systems, and wireless gauging devices.
- The PartView feature displays dimension data superimposed on a picture of your part
- JPG image can be labeled with each area of the part being measured for deviation
- Operators can more easily identify which area of the part will be compensated