Tool Identification and Data Management System
ToolConnect is a retrofit tool identification system that eliminates human error and reduces setup time by automating the transfer of CNC tool data to (and from) the control. The system is completely customizable to meet customer requirements and tool load process specifications.
RFID Tool Identification - How it Works
ToolConnect uses RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags, embedded in tool holders. Utilizing a tool presetter, the measurement data is written to the RFID tag. The tool is then placed in a custom RFID read station at the machine, and the data is read and displayed by ToolConnect.
ToolConnect processes and updates tool life and offset information directly to (and from) the CNC control.
The ToolConnect HMI displays all user-specified tool and process information, along with a tool image to easily verify that the correct tool is being loaded.
- Automates the process of loading and unloading tools
- Provides a common user-interface for every CNC machine on the shop floor
- Reduces setup time
- Eliminates operator data entry errors
- Easily integrates with machine tool controls
- Adapts to your current system
- Eliminates the need for a post processor
- Flexible design that can easily accommodate changes to the process
- Reads and writes data to the CNC control; automatically updating tool offsets and tool life data to (and from) the tag
- Completely customizable HMI, configurable for almost any machine and control type
- Intuitive operator screens display all tool information and any user-defined information
- Works with nearly any tool presetter that can write to an RFID tag
- Automatically indexes to the correct tool magazine position (machine/control dependent)
- If an operator attempts to load an incorrect tool, or a tool in the wrong pot, ToolConnect will alert the operator
- New features and functionality can be added remotely via the browser-based interface
- ToolConnect software
- A custom-designed tool pot (read station) for the proper tool holder type
- A tool ID controller with read/write head
- An 8″ touch screen PC for user prompts and information
Standard control interface for:
- Fanuc (Focas ½)
- Okuma P controls
- Siemens 840D